Several people killed as man goes on rampage with bow and arrow in Norwegian town
By Lauren Lewis For Mailonline Published: 20:01 BST, 13 October 2021 | Updated: 20:27 BST, 13 October 2021 Several people were killed and others injured by a man using a bow and arrows to carry out at
Several people dead and more injured in Norway bow and arrow rampage: Police probe terror motive as suspect is arrested after firing at random victims across 'wide area' of town south of Oslo
- Several people were killed and others injured by a man using a bow and arrows
- Police arrested a male suspect after attack in Kongsberg, Norway, Wednesday
- Officials said they believed the suspect was acting alone and several were dead
Several people were killed and others injured by a man using a bow and arrows to carry out attacks in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg on Wednesday, local police said.
'We can unfortunately confirm that there are several injured and also unfortunately several killed in this episode,' local police official Oyvind Aas told a news conference.
'The man who committed this act has been arrested by the police and, according to our information, there is only one person involved.'
'The man has been apprehended ... from the information we now have, this person carried out these actions alone,' police chief Oeyvind Aas told reporters.
He declined to comment on the number of casualties.
The motive for the attack, which took place in several locations in the town centre of Kongsberg, were not yet known but it is understood officials are probing a possible terror motive.
Several people were killed and others injured by a man using a bow and arrows to carry out attacks in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg on Wednesday
Police confirmed multiple injuries and several deaths after the attack but declined to comment on the number of casualties
Arrows were seen littered around Kongsberg on Wednesday following the attack which left several dead and more injured
The attack took place in Kongsberg, a town to the south of the Norweigan capital Oslo
The attacks took place over 'a large area' of Kongsberg, a municipality of around 28,000 people in southeastern Norway, police said.
Police said the suspect had been taken to a police station in the nearby town of Drammen but gave no other details about the man.
'There is no active search for other people,' Aas said.
The wounded have been taken to hospital. However the number of wounded, or their condition, were not yet known.
Norway's minister of justice and public security, Monica Maeland, has received updates on the attacks and was closely monitoring the situation, the ministry said.
Officials are thought to be probing a possible terror motive after the suspect fired at random victims across a 'wide area' of Kongsberg