Britain's Brightest Celebrity Family finale: Could you beat winners?
Could YOU outsmart Britain’s Brightest Celebrity Family? Eastenders' Shaun Williamson beats former Liverpool star John Barnes with almost DOUBLE the points to be crowned the show's winner - but how wo
Could YOU outsmart Britain’s Brightest Celebrity Family? Eastenders' Shaun Williamson beats former Liverpool star John Barnes with almost DOUBLE the points to be crowned the show's winner - but how would you score?
- Former Liverpool star John Barnes took on Eastenders' Shaun Williamson in the seventh and final episode of ITV's new 'Britain's Brightest Celebrity Family'
- The celebrity version of quiz sees five rounds complete with 10 questions each Quickfire round, the Specialist round, an Observation section, a new Identify segment - where they're challenged to correctly match tiles - and Final round
- The Williamson family won by almost twice points in show - how would YOU do?
- They won £25,000 for their chosen charity and took crown of Smartest Family
Eastenders actor Shaun Williamson made it through to the final episode of ITV's 'Britain's Brightest Celebrity Family' tonight, beating former Liverpool star John Barnes to take the crown of the UK's smartest A-list family.
Having beat Dr Ranj Singh in the sixth episode and semi-final, John took on Shaun Williamson, 54, best known as Walford's Barry, who appeared alongside his music and philosophy graduate daughter Sophie and his maths teacher cousin Guy.
In the last episode of the show, which aired at 8pm this evening and was presented by Anne Hegerty, Barnes, 56, appeared alongside his daughter Gemma, and her partner George, both junior doctors.
The celebrity version of the quiz saw five rounds complete with 10 questions each, the Quickfire round, the Specialist round, an Observation section, a new Identify segment - where they are challenged to match tiles into their correct category - and the Final round.
Speaking ahead of the game, John joked: 'I think we're the underdogs here', while his daughter added: 'My tactic is to hold off on the crazy buzzing and go for it'.
Meanwhile Shaun added: 'In the semi-final a lot of things seemed to go our way, so maybe we've used our luck up. Who knows, only time will tell!'.
And the Williamson family scooped the title with 380 points, beating the Barnes family, who scored 200 points, in the final episode of the series.
Shaun celebrated scooping the crown and chose the charity British Wireless For The Blind Fund to donate the £25,000 prize to.
But how well would you do? Have a look at the questions below and scroll down for the answers - but no cheating!
Eastenders actor Shaun Williamson made it through to the final episode of ITV's 'Britain's Brightest Celebrity Family' tonight, beating former Liverpool star John Barnes to take the crown of the UK's smartest A-list family
Britain's Brightest celebrity family: Questions
Quick Fire Round:
1. Which icon appears in both these images?
2. What is the title of the 2006 film in this Meryl Streep double bill?
3. What is the answer to this maths problem?
4. From which city did I send this postcard?
5. The term penguin is thought to be derived from two Welsh words meaning what?
6. According to this mirrored list, which football team will play against Manchester City?
7. The name of which vegetable is split between three words in this sentence?
8. This instant message represents a line from which Charles Dickens novel?
9. Which word is missing from these titles?
10. If these chemical elements were arranged alphabetically according to their symbol, which would come first?
At the end of the round, the Barnes family had 10 points and the Williamson family had 90 points.
Specialist round (Wine)
1. The wine represented by these images is from which country?
2. The name of which grape variety completes this crossword?
3. How many of these wine producing regions are in Spain?
4. Which of these is a correctly spelt word?
5. On this map of France, in which section of the grid is the champagne wine region?
The Barnes caught up with Williamson family, finishing this round just 60 points behind, with 40 points to 100 points.
Both families were shown an image for five seconds and asked a variety of questions on it, with the Williamson family 140 points in the lead to the Barnes' 80 points.
Put the below people in the correct group of 1) Singles by Rihanna 2) Grand National Winners
A) Pon De Replay B) Comply or Die C) Don't Push It D) Tiger Roll E) Man Down F) Sledge Hammer G) Mr What H) Towards The Sun I) Specify J) Kiss it Better
The Williamson family finished the round with 220 points, while the Barnes family had 160 points.
1. Which US city is this station in?
2. These letter wheels make up the title of which Samuel Beckett play?
3. How many of these trees are native to the UK?
4. Which TV series is being described in this programme?
5. According to the weather forecast, what will the weather be like on the day known as Mardi in French?
6. Who led this famous journey?
7. What does the letter 'o' stand for in 1970s band ELO?
8. How many times does a vowel appear in the surname of this film star?
9. What is the name of this former royal residence?
10. This fruit is native to which continent?
11. Which of these creatures is not pictured?
The Williamson family scooped the title with 380 points, beating the Barnes family who scored 200 points in the final episode of the series.
Former Liverpool star John Barnes returned for the third time with his daughter Gemma, and her partner George, both junior doctors
Shaun Williamson, 43, best known as Walford's Barry, also returned alongside his music and philosophy graduate daughter Sophie and his maths teacher cousin Guy
Britain's Brightest celebrity family: Answers
Quick Fire Round:
1. The crown
2. The Devil Wears Prada
3. 12 (8+4)
4. Kuala Lumpur
5. White head
8. A Tale of Two Cities (It was the best of times, it was the worst of times)
10. Silver (Ag)
1. Italy (Chianti)
2. Pinot Noir
3. Two (Riocha, La Mancha)
4. B (Sommelier)
1. Rihanna singles: A) Pon De Replay E) Man Down F) Sledge Hammer J) Kiss it Better H) Towards The Sun
2. Grand National Winners: B) Comply or Die C) Don't Push It D) Tiger Roll I) Specify G) Mr What
1. New York
2. Waiting for Godot
3. Three (Silver Birch, Scots Pine, Crab Apple)
4. Killing Eve
5. Cloudy (Tuesday)
6. Christopher Columbus
8. Four (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
9. Brighton Royal Pavilion